News and Updates

All previous slide shows are at the bottom of the page.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Greenbeans in the Garden - The West Girls

Visit YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ3CPlD9YD8
You'll be watching the video of my friend Vicki West and her girls. I met Vicki and her family 23 years ago during which time we attended the same church. Vicki is an open, vivacious woman who has embraced the simple life. I had not seen her in many years. Back during the summer I was taking Samuel to the pickin' in Jackson, TN. I also happened to run into my friends, the Rhodes, who I had not seen in a few years. During the conversation I found out that Vicki was also there. My friend, Joanie, had her camera ready while I surprised Vicki with my presence. We gave each other the biggest, hardest hug. We were so happy to see each other. She stopped singing and Joanie, Vicki and I had a long wonderful conversation. We all felt the need to fill the void of all those lost years of personal contact. We took up where we left off! We talked about our children, homeschooling and all our blessings!

Vicki was the one who told me about frying squash blossoms! Yummy!

Vicki and her daughters were the winners of some contest (I can't remember now) and the prize was a music video and the making of a CD. Vicki graciously gave me one her CD's.

I hope you'll enjoy their music.

No comments: