Tonight was my third Tae Kwon Do class. I was able to break a board with an overhead hammer fist. Oh, I kid you not. When it was my turn I looked at Mrs. Wiggins, our instructor, and said, "Are you sure?" My first thought was, "I hope I don't hurt my hand or I will not be able to cook dinner". I took my practice turn and then when I was ready I yelled and hit that board. It broke in half. One of the mother's sitting on the side lines told me my eyes were open wide in disbelief that I had actually broken the board. Wow! I really couldn't believe that I had done it. My hand was stinging afterwards, but it didn't last long.
Abigail had her turn before me. She had also picked the overhead hammer fist. She tried twice on one board. Mrs. Wiggins found her a smaller board and she was able to break it with one try.
Taking Tae Kwon Do has renewed my knowledge of what my body is capable of. It still works! Mentally, I feel 20 lbs lighter. I am even able to crawl out of bed the next day. I look forward to class and seeing what my body can do.



























1 comment:
I didn't realize you were breaking boards too! Way to go Helen. Love your blog spot and love y'all too. Andrea
Post a Comment