After Brent died I could reminisce about the previous year and bring to mind he was at work, talking to his friends on the phone, working in the yard, playing his mandolin, or getting ready for a band performance. Those memories brought joy to my heart. Now, as I remember the previous year the memories coming to my mind are heartbreaking. I think of how hard he was working to over come his leukemia. He was brave and didn't complain. He was fighting for his life. A life he knew was given to him by God, to be used for His glory. He was ready to leave this world if that's what God wanted. He was comfortable with that. His tears came realizing that death meant he was leaving me and the kids behind. When we were in the hospital room telling him goodbye his words of comfort to us were that "everything is going to be okay". His words were a source of consolation, and hope for our future. This was our twilight with Brent.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Twilight
After Brent died I could reminisce about the previous year and bring to mind he was at work, talking to his friends on the phone, working in the yard, playing his mandolin, or getting ready for a band performance. Those memories brought joy to my heart. Now, as I remember the previous year the memories coming to my mind are heartbreaking. I think of how hard he was working to over come his leukemia. He was brave and didn't complain. He was fighting for his life. A life he knew was given to him by God, to be used for His glory. He was ready to leave this world if that's what God wanted. He was comfortable with that. His tears came realizing that death meant he was leaving me and the kids behind. When we were in the hospital room telling him goodbye his words of comfort to us were that "everything is going to be okay". His words were a source of consolation, and hope for our future. This was our twilight with Brent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment