All of these thoughts came to me last Tuesday when I came in from mowing 5 acres of grass. Abigail had prepared a delicious dinner. Broiled Flatiron Steak, Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli and a Green Tossed Salad. I teased Abigail and ask if she was going to fix my plate. She did and I sat down to eat it. The steak was moist and tender, the potatoes nicely browned with the flavor of garlic, rosemary and olive oil. The broccoli was cooked al dente and the salad was crisp.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Dinner Is Ready
You've worked hard all day either at school, in the yard, or your place of employment. You're driving home wondering what's for dinner. Arriving home you get out of the car exhausted. The walk to the front door takes forever. Opening the door your senses come alive with the smells and aromas of the dinner you will soon eat. The one who prepared that dinner fixes your plate and you sit down to eat. You feel loved and the food taste so good. When I came home from school my mother would be in the kitchen preparing dinner. Everything was from scratch. She made homemade rolls, homemade pies, and assorted cakes that all melted in your mouth. I miss eating my mother's meals. When Brent came home from a hard day at work I too had dinner ready. When I go to a friends house to eat dinner, it is always a pleasure and a treat for my senses.
All of these thoughts came to me last Tuesday when I came in from mowing 5 acres of grass. Abigail had prepared a delicious dinner. Broiled Flatiron Steak, Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli and a Green Tossed Salad. I teased Abigail and ask if she was going to fix my plate. She did and I sat down to eat it. The steak was moist and tender, the potatoes nicely browned with the flavor of garlic, rosemary and olive oil. The broccoli was cooked al dente and the salad was crisp.
All of these thoughts came to me last Tuesday when I came in from mowing 5 acres of grass. Abigail had prepared a delicious dinner. Broiled Flatiron Steak, Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli and a Green Tossed Salad. I teased Abigail and ask if she was going to fix my plate. She did and I sat down to eat it. The steak was moist and tender, the potatoes nicely browned with the flavor of garlic, rosemary and olive oil. The broccoli was cooked al dente and the salad was crisp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment