Saturday, September 6, 2008
Turkeys
These young turkeys crossed my driveway on July 21st. There were about 15 of them peeping while following their mother into the woods. I was slowly driving up the driveway trying to get close enough to get a good shot. I've tried several times to upload a longer video clip, but it takes hours and hours. I decided to upload the shorter clip. You can clearly see one of the turkeys, but if you look closely you'll see one or two more going into the woods.
Every day I wonder what I will see crossing the field in the front. I've seen deer, turkeys, foxes, rabbits and a variety of birds. One day I watched a hawk on the ground for nearly 10 minutes. He walked around looking at the ground. Sometimes he would would stand and do nothing. I'm used to them swooping down to catch their prey, not standing or walking around.
I feel blessed to see God's creatures in my front yard. There is joy every time I see one of His creatures. When I see a "nature moment" I feel so special. Nature moments for me have been seeing a butterfly lay an egg, birds feeding their young, seeing a hawk catch it's prey, seeing two spiders mate, watching a king snake eat another snake, and having a hummingbird feed on the feeder while my hand was next to it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























1 comment:
Congratulations! "Light To My Path" has been reviewed and added to Blogging Women.
Thank you for submitting your blog, you are doing an wonderful job with it. It's an honor to add another quality women's blog to our directory.
Post a Comment