News and Updates

All previous slide shows are at the bottom of the page.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Jammin' in the Forest








Most everyone was watching or listening to the Memphis Tigers and Tennessee Vols play basketball tonight. The Tigers are #1 and the Vols #2. The Tigers lost 66 -62.

But, for a few, tonight was the first of hopefully many more bluegrass pickin's at our house. I think I'll call it, "Jammin' in the Forest". Pickers Tony Butler banjo, Mike Busby guitar and Harry Mclellan mandolin, came out and played for a couple of hours. Samuel joined them on the banjo. I had a big pot of White Chili and some cornbread, coffee and tea.

Samuel was over in the corner pickin'. Samuel is photo shy so I don't usually get a photo of him. You can hear him in the background pickin' banjo in the video clip above.

I've been wanting to have a pickin' at the house for a long time. There is always something going on in the world of bluegrass in our area. My decision was to just jump on in there and start. There is nothing quite like live bluegrass music to stir the soul, bring joy and fellowship. It's also a great way to help motivate me to keep my house clean and to have supper early! I'm looking forward to next Saturday night!

No comments: