There's been a whole lot painting going on around here. Grace and I have been painting the living/dining/kitchen area. We both agree that it has been at least 25 years since the ceiling and wall above the paneling has been painted. We rolled the paint on and it was sucked up by the paint like a sponge! During the 17 months since Brent's death, Grace and I have moved furniture back and forth doing projects around the house more times than I care to remember. Grace is a great project manager. A little here, a little there and the old home is looking much better. We painted the doors to the outside, I've had new windows installed, central heating and air installed, painted bedrooms, had an old lamp rewired, installed California style closets in the bedrooms, bought a dishwasher, new kitchen sink, some new kitchen cabinets, and decluttered. Grace and I went to Johnson's Fabrics and bought fabric to recover some furniture. There are still many things left to do, but we'll get to them one at a time.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























No comments:
Post a Comment