I will begin by saying, I am not a project kind of girl. I do not like to paint, pick wall colors, fabric swatches, screw in light bulbs and I especially do not like to hang window dressings of any kind. I'm content to keep things as they are and let things fall down around me. I'm very much like my father in this department. I sometimes wonder how he managed to build 3 houses. My sister, Grace, is another story. She is exactly like my mother when it comes to projects around the house. She is fabulous! Thank goodness she is willing to help me. We both want to restore this "old house" to its former glory. It is our homestead. On the day this photo was taken, July 30, 2008, we had shopped at Home Depot for all the things we needed for a couple of projects around the house. Before my mother died she had started turning the small bedroom into a library. I want to complete the library so that I have a place for all of my books. I would also like it to be a history/genealogy room. On the list of projects "to do list" is to finish the basement. I'll have to do a whole post on that one.
We started at one end of the store and walked to the other side picking up "stuff". I was so tired. I wanted to whine like a small child and beg to go home. I was exhausted.
Grace once said, "Together we make the perfect woman." We were sitting on the front porch taking a quick break from the care of our father. I took care of Daddy's physical needs 24 hours a day. Our family had moved in with him to take care of him. Daddy was in the bed 24/7. Grace on the other hand took care of me and my needs. She helped me out by washing dishes (before I got a dishwasher), doing laundry, buying groceries, sweeping, cleaning Daddy's room and so many other things. It was during this time we found out that my husband, Brent, had leukemia. We were both doing double duty. We did it together and I'm so thankful we get along. She and I each have a strengths and weaknesses and work together to make things go smoothly. I am blessed.
When Brent, the kids and I moved into Daddy's house, the house I grew up in, it was one project after another. It continues to be one project after another. I hope that in some way you will be encouraged as I share, "Projects Around The House" a seemingly never ending story. Together Grace and I will get this house ship shape.



























No comments:
Post a Comment