News and Updates

All previous slide shows are at the bottom of the page.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

What's For Dinner?

After watching cooking shows all day, Abigail was ready to have dinner. She wanted to make some crackers. I couldn't find the recipe I had in mind so we settled on Cheese Straws. Instead of making straws I had her roll them out very thin and cut into squares. They were delicious. We decided to share in the preparation of dinner. Abigail made the meatloaf and vinaigrette for the salad. I made the spinach salad and the candied carrots.

Abigail wanted to make the vinaigrette and use the herbs from our patio garden. She chose sage, parsley and rosemary. She added extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a pinch of sugar and blended it in the blender. It was a nice flavor over the spinach, red onion, red bell pepper, tomatoe, Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Those cheese straw crackers were really good with the salad.

The meatloaf was served with cream of mushroom soup. It was a great meal.

No comments: