Tomorrow, Thursday, will be an exciting day in the Davis household. We're getting new windows for the whole house. My father built this house in 1960. He used whatever was the cheapest thing he could buy. He installed jalousie windows which are glass slats. They are loose, most of the storm windows and screens are gone. Most of the handles are broken so I have had to open them from the outside. This winter I covered them with plastic and taped them up with some kind of silver tape my brother-in-law gave me. Now, I will have a modern update, screens on all the windows, they fold down for easy cleaning and there are no grids to obstruct my view. I will be able to open the windows from inside the house when it's a cool day.
All day I've been getting the house ready by moving things that were in front of the windows, plus just everyday cleaning. I plan on taking lots of photos tomorrow and will share them with you tomorrow night.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment