I'm wide awake and it's 4:10 am. I got all snug in the bed and laid there for an hour and a half with my eyes closed and it didn't work. I went to the kitchen and made myself some Raisin Bread toast and drank some milk. This is not the time for me to be wide awake. I go to see my hospice patient in a few hours. I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed! I have errands to run later in the day. My oldest daughter, Anna, is getting married Saturday and there are a lot of things to do. I'm listening to my Thunderstorm CD hoping it will relax me and help me to fall asleep.
Being awake at this hour is not uncommon. I think it has something to do with menopause. My sister is also having this same problem. She's a very routine person but she's finding herself waking in the early hours not being able to sleep either. Our mother had the same problem. She would go to the living room and watch a little TV, sew or read a book.
Brent always called me a hoot owl. Many were the times he would call for me to come to bed. He told me he couldn't sleep until I came to bed. Sometimes I would lie there waiting for him to start snoring then get out of bed and quietly go to the living room and busy myself with something.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment