News and Updates

All previous slide shows are at the bottom of the page.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Snow

Snow? In the Memphis area we know about snow we just happen to not get it very often. Some of our biggest snowfalls have been in March. We did have one in early April about 1987 or 1988. Anna was just a little girl. The apple tree was in full bloom.



This snow storm started about 1 PM. I thought we would end up with about 2 inches. The temperature was dropping and my mind started to change after a couple of hours. I was surprised by my reaction to the snow. As a wife and mother I had mixed feelings about the snow. I used to be concerned about Brent driving to work in the snow and the fact the children always wanted to go in out all day long. Wet clothes every where, thinking about all the extra laundry and if I needed to drive somewhere. Now, there is no worry about Brent driving in the snow, the children are older and don't go in and out all day and I don't have to drive anywhere. By 6:30 PM the wind was blowing hard and the snow kept on coming. It was going to be a beautiful snow. A snow that would cover the ground completely like having a soft fluffy white down comforter on your bed.





By 8:30 AM the next morning there was a beautiful yard outside. Picture perfect in my mind. I took some photographs to remember the beauty that was before me. The temperature was rising and by afternoon it would all be gone. I'm not sure how much snow we did have. At least 4 inches

No comments: