Sunday, February 24, 2008
Hospice
Hospice is health-care for the terminally ill that emphasizes pain control and emotional support for the patient and family. During my father's last days hospice was there to provide support for me and my family. I decided that after Daddy's death and when Brent was cured of his leukemia I would volunteer for hospice. After Brent's death I waited a while longer. On Saturday, February 16th I went to an all day hospice training. I received a call the following Thursday from hospice telling me I had my first patient if I was ready. Yes, I am ready. I will make my first visit as a hospice volunteer this coming Monday. I'm looking forward to making a difference for a family in this their greatest time of need. I will not be able to give any information about the patient, but I will be able to share how the experience is for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment