Today was my first visit to my first patient for hospice. What a blessing! The patient was upbeat today and wanted to talk. The patient talked for 2 of the 3 hours I was there. We covered talk about family, children, flowers and God's blessings. Some friends and family have wondered if I was ready to be a hospice volunteer. Yes, I'm ready. Today was a wonderful day. I shared myself with someone who needed a new refreshing face to talk with. Although a hospice patient is terminally ill, they are still living. Their road to death is marked whereas ours is not. They still love, feel, remember, and want the best for their family and friends. They are who they have always been and will be until they take their last breathe.
I'm looking forward to my next visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment