December 28, 1996 Brent and I had a still birth daughter, Katherine Irene Shirley "Katie" Davis. Brent took the news extremely hard. He did not want to talk about it. Every time he did he would get a terrible headache. He would ask God why did he take Katie. He just could not understand.
Brent was diagnosed with CMML leukemia on Monday, June 26, 2006. Of course, we felt as if we had been hit with a two by four. There were so many questions we wanted to ask the doctor, but did not know where to start. Brent did ask the question, "Why God?" Brent told me that God's answer to him was, "I am." He accepted God's plan for his life. He said that whatever God chose to do with his life he would accept. He did not want to leave me and the children but he knew God's plan was perfect for us.
From June 26, 2006 to May 05, 2007 Brent enjoyed as many moments as he could. He continued to play bluegrass music, spent time with me and the children, went fishing with his friend Larry, and talked with his family and friends. Depression would hit him some days but it did not last long. He lived each day that God gave to him.
Now, I wake each day knowing that God gave me a new day. Brent would want it that way.
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23



























1 comment:
to my sweet friend Helen!~!
wow!! a blog!! what a great idea!
you will find some great thoughts and keep them journaled. You can do this at any time of the day. I so enjoy mine.
I will keep yours bookmarked and will put a link to mine.
thanks for keeping me updated.
your friend of a lizard
Post a Comment